Wednesday, January 21, 2009

teaching color with color bag

Back when I worked as a teaches aid the class had these cool color boxes from Lakeshore. I really liked them and when I wanted to start helping Girlygirl learn her colors I wanted to buy them. That is when I found out how much the cost. So when I was at a Thrift Store and fond canvas little bags I came up with the idea to make my own color bag for Girlygirl. I got 5 bags all white. It made a great art time for Girlygirl to paint the bag we just do one at a time. After the bag is dry I went around the house and looked for anything blue to add into the bag until the bag was full. Girlygirl loves the bags. Soon I will be teaching her to look and match the colors. We will have all 5 bags out and take all the toys out and she has to put each thing in the right color bag. I will let you know how this goes. Update: I found other home made color bags. I they are nicer than my done by the mom. Just thought I'd share my find. They made by PisecoMom over at Mind Games. Remember to play with your kids today. Playing is teaching

No comments: