Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Mr. Man may hate to learn in a class room but more than one time I was amazed at how much he knew. Or how long he'd work at something. On this day he was "doing the dishes" in his slow but get it done way. He can't stay with one thing very long. He started to play I am sure not know how much he was learning at the same time. Look at his face the joy that he did it and I did not get mad. When he grows up he will figure out away to make this crazy world work for him.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Over the summer I had my life planned out every minute of everyday I knew what I needed to do. When the Big Kids went home I thought I no longer need that. Well I guess I was wrong. I have been getting nothing done and just living in a funk. So I have learned I need a plan. Even if just a basic one to keep my life moving a long. To do this. I have done a few things. I made a list of jobs for each day Monday-Friday to keep up with the house work. I also got a pocket calender to keep in with me all times. I put sticky note paper in it so I can write done what I need to do. I will keep you updated on how this is working for me. Or if I don't know it is not going to good.
Monday, October 27, 2008
This is old picture but I have not blogged in a long time and love this picture. What could be cuter than two toddlers all dress this is the big kids sister and Girlygirl all dressed up and ready for their play church. Ah we are teaching them something right.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Girlygirl loves to play but lots of times is not sure what to do without being shown what to do. After lots of play time with me and all the kids I have cared for she is starting to pick her own favorites here is this weeks top 10 favorite things for Girlygirl to play:
- dolls-we got most as gifts. A great way to get doll clothing that will last is to buy Preemie or newborn baby clothing.
- dress up-we have lots again some where gifts but I did buy most of them. We go to garage sales all summer great place to get old clothing and really dress up clothing for cheep.
- painting-not that cheep and I have not found a good get paint. Girlgirl loves to paint and we do it weekly.
- trains-I got a wood track for Ikea. They are great and work with Tomas the trains but way cheaper.
- cook-She has lots of play food and plates she loves to make food for everyone here. She also likes to help in the kitchen.
- ride one toys-she has lots i think 5 for outside and 2 in. All the outside ones where found on trash day. The 2 inside where gifts.
- books-we also asking for them as gifts. I so look for good deals every where we go. You never know where you will find a good book at a great deal.
- color-She likes makers best but when I say no she will use crayons. We got ours at the back to school sales and at the Dollar Tree. We use both paper and coloring books.
- bags-not sure why but having a bag full of stuff brings Girlgirl great joy.
- going to park-free and great fun.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Times have been hard for us right now as I am sure the same many others. While reading on ways to save I read that families throw away on average 50% of their food they buy. That mean we spend 50 times more than we need to. To cut back on wasted food have a leftover night, give less food on each plate,and do the same with drinks. I just was wowed by this thought I'd write it down.