Thursday, August 28, 2008

Toddler and Discipline

I tell everyone who says that Girlygirl is too good "It is because I am a mean mom." I say it jokingly but it is kind of true in today world. I don't think that Girlygirl should always be happy. I have thought that a child should listen to what I say at every age. The number one way to do this is to make them no matter what. If Girlygirl crys because she doesn't want to pick up what she just threw I make here by taking her hand and help her do it. If she takes her hair bow out I put back it in. If she crys in the car I i stop and have her sit until she is done. I sometime take her out off the car others i get out. Both work. She has learned that I mean what I say. It is not the easy way today but it will pay off big time later.

No comments: