Friday, May 1, 2009

Back Pack

I have chosen to teach Girlygirl to be responsible for herself from a young age. One way I have done this is by giver her a toddler size back pack. The whole thing is her responsibility. Before going out she needs to pack it with the right stuff. At this point I still do guide her as she packs her bag. Here is what she has in her bag: • 2 change of pants and underwear • only because she still likely to pee in her pants • 1 change of shirt and socks • 1Subway bag (I save Subway bags for wet clothing when we are out) • 2 toy or toy sets- One stays in her back pack all the time. It is a set of Pooh characters for the Dollar Tree. (It is great fun when wait for food at restaurants or when mom and dad are talk at church.) The other she picks it must fit in her bag. If she picks blocks the she can have 5. (Look for a blog to come soon about great toys to bring when going out) • 1 or 2 books- They change from time to time as Girlygirl chooses. The only rule is it must fit in her bag. • Her wallet which holds her money that she gets each week. • Her special blanket. • Snack -I put one snack in her bag and a cup of ice water It is Girlygirl stuff and therefore her job to hold it. I will help her sometimes but most the time I make her do it.

4 comments:

Ticia said...

That's a good idea. When we're going places they need to entertain themselves we do a somewhat similar plan for toys, but I hadn't thought about for just in general. Does it get hard for her to carry all of it?

Mary said...

When I listed it looked a lot and if we have to walk far it does get hard for her but for the most part she does good. She know it is her job to hold it. For the most part I stick to it. She doesn't even think about it any more. She use to cry.

DairyQueen said...

love this idea! can't wait to see your post for good toys/activities for on the go!

I found your blog from the tot school list ~ making my plans to start in the fall :)

MommyWise said...

I just bought Aidan a toddler sized Hello Kitty backpack.. She loves carrying it around.